My name is Jaclyn Goldman. I am a veterinary pharmaceutical sales, marketing and business development professional in my mid-30’s. For the past 10 years, I have been gallivanting across Canada calling on medical professionals.
Having always worked for smaller businesses, I have had much more responsibility than your typical sales representative. This works well for me since I am more of a lone wolf, entrepreneurial type of person by nature, having grown up in a family where my father ran his own business. In my most recent position, I was responsible for managing all aspects of my territory (Canada) including making my own travel arrangements. Working for small businesses, it is absolutely essential to save money anywhere possible. Over the years I have learned how to travel such that I can stay at very comfortable, if not luxurious places while staying on or below budget. As with anything, you need to know the “tricks and tools of the trade”. At this point in my career, I feel that I have mastered this. In my travels, I often find myself sharing travel tips and exchanging stories with other travellers.
It wasn’t until recently that a fellow traveller suggested I start a blog and share some of my useful information with the world. My first thought was “Of course this has been done before and done again, and again..” But, upon further investigation, I was amazed to discover that someone in my position (a sales representative) hasn’t done this already. Even that fact that this URL “TheTravellingSaleswoman.com” wasn’t taken, blew my mind. In this day in age, I figured that of course someone already “did that, done that” but apparently not, so here I am. Either there is a niche that no one has discovered or, nobody cares. I’m hoping it’s not the latter.
What I’m going to write about:
- Tools of the Trade: All the tools you need to get the best deal, bypass lineups and benefit from personal perks
- Sales tips
- Road Woes: Stories of my hardships on the road
- Up in the Air: Topics ranging from encounters with rangy passengers to notable conversations with some of the interesting folks I’ve met
- Detours: Interesting adventures I have had detouring from my traditional routes
- Tips on how to stay fit and keep healthy while on the road
- Relationships: Going the Distance
In reading my brutally honest blog, I hope that you can get a few good laughs, learn some useful travel tips and save some money. This blog is intended for anyone who is
- In sales or considering a career in sales
- Travelling for business or pleasure (or who is interested in doing so)
- Wants the latest tips on how to save money on travel
- Looking to live vicariously through the tales of a savvy saleswoman
So read on and enjoy my friends and make sure to check in at least once per week for a new and exciting article.
The Travelling Saleswoman